Tuesday 18 May 2010

He loves me/ He loves me not



This is just a delicate portrait i've done, based on Jamie Scott. It wasnt particularly of him for any reason, other than i saw him in a magazine and thought his face was rather beautiful. There was an article as well that just talked about how much of a heart throb he was. It was almost saying that this guy here could get anyone and anywhere with his looks. So i thought about it from the other side, I was listening to Jay Brannan, one of my biggest influences, and heard the line "Sometimes he loves me, sometimes he loves me not" which kind of fits, its almost from another persons perspective who is desperate to be loved by someone beautiful. Anyway, i really had fun making this image, its obviously a hand drawn portrait in pencil, and is then photoshopped on to vintage paper. I then edited in all the marks and scratches, by scanning different marks i have made with different media into the image. I think all together it works quite well and i am happy with the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment